Friday, October 3, 2014

Jackie's book list


My brother Greg texted me the end of August - he said he that at that time of year, he generally like to go back over the year and see how many and what books he has read that year. He asked us about the books we had read - and I tried to make a list ( which was abominably - 12 I think). Jackie and Alice had no way of remembering all the books they had read - they read a lot. 

Jackie vowed that next year she will be prepared - so she is keeping of track of the books she is reading. This is her September list.

Snow,
Dive - the Deep
Dive - the Danger
Island - Shipwreck ( All of the above are by Gordon Korman)
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle ( which I made her read because it was her Aunt Mary's favourite book when she was Jackie's age.)
Hunter by Eric Walters ( who she met at the Young Writer's conference)
The Magicians Nephew - C.S. Lewis.
Sisters by Raina Telgemeier  ( a graphic novel for kids)

My September books were:

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper ( yup - read it because I wanted to see the movie because Tina Fey is in the movie. Haven't seen the movie yet)
It starts with Food - the Whole 30 book.

Alice read the first two Narnia books and at least three but maybe more Dragon Lance books recommended by her Dad.

It is lovely that I have such great readers - though sometimes I have to kick them outside.

No comments: