Friday, April 13, 2012

Finally responding to the tag...

For the kind, intelligent and ever beautiful Nicole Shabada Hudson

1.What is one thing you really hope to achieve this year? Maybe something you don’t publicize too much.

People probably know this - but to complete my weight loss goal I need to lose another 20 pounds. I am planning 10 by June 9 and the other 10 over the summer. The idea is to be at my goal weight when Eve goes to school.

2. What is one thing you really hope to achieve in your life? I want to always be learning and trying new things and I want my kids to have good self-esteem and have full lives full of healthy happy relationships.

3. What is your favourite movie, and why? Not sure I can decide so I will give the top 5: Stranger then fiction - because I often narrate my life to myself. Pride and Prejudice because of , " you have bewitched me body and soul". Galaxy Quest because Andrew and I are trekies, The muppets Christmas Carol - because it is the best Christmas movie out there. I couldn't sleep and watched Date Night again last night on netflix because it is hilarious.

4. What is your dream job? High paid conference keynote speaker. Inspiring large groups of people and getting paid big buck for a 2 hours presentation - then they all love it so much that they flock to buy my book ( keynote speakers always have books they are promoting - note - must write a book to fulfill this dream)

5. If there were no limitations of any sort, what would your perfect life be at this very moment? (Where you’d be? What family? What job?) My family - with more money to travel and visit family members far away - and enough money for me to do my masters. Next year when we are in Australia seems pretty perfect to me...

. Do you have any regrets? I no the cool answer is no - but I have regrets. I can't count the number of all-nighters I have had finishing essays or projects and I always regret not buckling down sooner. I also regret buying that 12 dollar skirt at value village last week. I thought it was navy, but it is actually charcoal grey - the tags are off and I can't return it....

7. What is something not very many people know about you? I have a wort on my right hand that I have been trying to get rid of for sometime. The last treatment Andrew gave it still hurts so I think that means it worked...

8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? - Living and working in Calgary with a completed Master's degree.

9. What is your favourite thing about your boyfriend/spouse? Or about YOU if you aren’t in a relationship right now? Andrew is my balance - we have complimentary strengths.

10. What is your favourite book, and why? If it was hard with movies it is impossible with books. I love what I am currently reading - because if I don't love it I don't finish it. Favourite new books I read this year: Flunking Sainthood and Secret Daughter. Currently reading The Value of Nothing and Fried Green Tomatoes. Alice and I are reading the Anne of Ingleside.

11. Who is your hero? And why? Hard question - I see heroes all around me all the time. There are so many great examples in my friends, neighbours and family.

There - I at least did the answers - maybe I will get around to tagging others and coming up with questions....

1 comment:

Nicole Breanne said...

Yay! You're the best. I didn't know you wanted to do your Masters. That is awesome - congratulations!

And I'm still so jealous about Australia - that will be amazing!

And yes to being a keynote speaker. Not only do people flock to see it live - with technology these days, millions of people can stream it online and watch it over and over. Get on that book!

I'll have to check out some of those books you said. I've heard of The Value of Nothing (it was part of the lululemon library of books they suggested us to read - along with many others I'd be happy to tell you if you like that one).

THANKS FOR DOING THIS!!!! I love you!