Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Graduates!!

I was just going to post some back to school pictures and realized that I really should post about all the graduating that happened in our family this year. So here it is - youngest to oldest. 
Eve graduated from Preschool - It was her graduation - but I feel like I have graduated also. I no longer a mom of preschoolers.  If it wasn't my grad too I wouldn't have bought this picture - OK maybe I would have, just because it is so darn cute. ( And yes - we did totally forget it was picture day and that is why her hair is a little weird.)
Alice graduated from elementary school. She is starting middle school ( grade 5) this year.  Here she is with her teacher - who must have done a great job since Alice decided to stick with French Immersion. At the Grad ceremony each kid had a little time to speak to share their favourite memory of Sam Livingston school and what they want to be when they grow up. Alice said she loved the ducks in kindergarten and she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. Her teacher thanked her for her zest for life. 
ANNE Graduated from high school!!! ( Which means it has been 18 years since I graduated - since she attended my grad in utero.) Here she is with Libby Shabada, Nicole's sister and my kids " Aunt in law in law ( That should be a thing). Anne is now studying at BYU and WE ALL MISS HER SO MUCH!! ( And yes - with her graduation, my parents have graduated also - after 38 years they have no kids at home - or they won't have kids at home when Sam  and Karen finish the renos on their new house and move into it.)
Nicole graduated from Ryerson film program. This is of course the greatest accomplishment - and posting about this has reminded me that I haven't gotten to see her documentary. With her graduation - does Greg graduate also? I felt like I did when Andrew did, so we will say yes. Her name can been seen in the credits of that Deal  show on W Network ( that is too awkward for me to watch)and soon on Cash Cab - which we all love. 
So there is the post that has been months in the making. We expect big things from our graduates - you beautiful dynamic women ( or girl - in Eve's and Alice's case)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How have I missed all of these posts?!?!?! Likely because I have not been posting, I have therefore not checked out other posts!

You're so sweet. I feel famous for making it onto your blog!