Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Alice's baptism was on Saturday. It was an exciting day for us. Andrew took her to the church early to get dressed. When I arrived, this is how she looked - like an angel. I was quite moved. ( my baby is so grown up!)
It was a large baptism - 8 kids were baptized. I was lucky enough to give a talk, and it was just so precious to see all 8 of them sitting with their dad's paying so much attention. I loved watching Alice's eyes and seeing her being touched by the spirit. It was wonderful to have so many people there. With 8 kids, the chapel was packed, but the baptism was so well organized that it took just over an hour.
Alice normally doesn't like being the center of attention, so I was a little nervous for her, but I shouldn't have been. She loved every minute of it - in all honestly, I think the hardest part of the whole thing was having to have an interview with the bishop ( her friend's dad) and then having to sit up on the stand at church on Sunday (beside her own dad). In her journal she wrote that the water was really warm and she just felt so good after, she wishes she could be baptized everyday.
After the baptism we had a family dinner at our house. Having cousins come to play is HEAVEN. We are just so blessed to have such a great big, loving supporting family. Thanks so much to all you who came and made the day so special for her (and for Andrew and me, too). Thank you especially to Mum Rasmussen, who cleaned my kitchen before the dinner and help get everything ready, and to Grandpa Rasmussen - who helped Andrew take off all the old panelling from the basement and wired and set up new liting in the t.v. - yeah - that's right - the dark basement has light!

I wanted to get a group shot of all the people who were there - but I am me, and of course forgot. So you will have to make due with this one, of Alice, wearing the beautiful dress Karen made, eating the much anticipated nanaimo squares she requested for the family dinner. Yes - the nanaimo squares made it into her journal as well. She was really excited about them.

1 comment:

Megan said...

She really does look like an angel!!! I get a little chokey just looking at the picture! I wish we could have been there, it sounds so wonderful. Congratulations Alice!