Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break Projects


As I mentioned before, we moved the girls rooms around during spring break. As with all the project I undertake - they are not completed, but the rooms look so much better that I will blog about them before they are done. The trunth is, I may never finish them.
The project: Turning Alice's and Jackie 's room into Jackie and Eve's room.

New additions: A big dresser from Kijiji for forty dollars. It is big enough for both of them, which means there is room for more than just beds and dressers.

Old made new: We brought a bookshelf and a toy box up from the basement. I love finally having all the kids books in one place. All of Eve's beloved stuffies fit in the old toy box - and she can stand on it to look outside.
Side effects: Jackie has taken on the role as the perfect older sister - and Eve is letting her!

Still to do:

  1. Buy a curtain rod and hang curtains ( we will be using the curtains Mum Rasmussen made for Eve's room when she was born - I still love them and they should match OK)
  2. Paint the bookshelf white and toy box white - Though I am dreaming about wallpapering the inside of the bookshelf with some cool retro wallpaper like this:




Maybe my fantastic sister-in-law Karen will run out of Stuff to do and take it on!




2 comments:

Megan said...

It looks great! Like such a big girl's room! I bet they're loving having a room together, especially Evie. And I bet Alice is loving her room too! Emberly loves the idea of the craft desk, I think we might have to incorporate that into our next room makeover.

Sugar Snaps said...

I can't wait to come over and finish it for you! Infact knowing that it's sitting there not finished is really making me a little anxious.