Monday, April 12, 2010

How bout a green one?


Eve's favourite colour is green. Isn't that great? Not pink or purple or sparkly - but green. It is probably her favourite because she cares so much about the environment, or because it reminds her of her mothers beautiful eyes - or because of her green blankie. Whatever the reason - you ask Eve what colour something should be and she'll answer green. Actually, "How bout a green one," is my favourite Eveism. I hear it a lot. Here are some recent examples:


Me: Eve, do you want to help me make a cake?
Eve: Yeah, how bout a green one?


Me: What kind of birthday party do you want,
Eve: How about a green one?


Eve: (Looking sad)This lamp is broken. You need buy a new one. ( then suddenly looks happy) How bout a green one?


Me: Eve do you want a chocolate?
Eve: Yeah, how bout a green one?
Me: They are just chocolate - so they aren't green, they are brown.
Eve: I like green. You like brown
Me: I know, do you want a chocolate anyway - ( I gave her one)
Eve: I like green - she gave it back. ( 10 seconds later she reconsidered)


And this is my favourite:


Eve: You can't wear that - you too big
Me: Yes, my butt is too big for that
Eve: You need a new one. How bout a green one?

If this green obsession continues, when she grows up she will either a) join greenpeace, b) move to Ireland, or c) try out for a green alien role of Star Trek.

2 comments:

mere said...

way to differentiate yourself Eve! love it

Jenny said...

That is awesome!! That last one had me laughing!!